Sunday, March 13, 2011

So I am turning 30 this year. April 1st. I will hit the big Three O. I am excited.

I have chosen to make this a good year.

I have a hard time believing that I am 30! It seems like just yesterday I was in college living with roommates and paying only 120 bucks for rent. Now I spend 120 on a trip to the grocery store to feed my family of 5.

In an effort to make this the best year possible, I have decided to make a list of 30 things I want to accomplish in this year. Some are easy. Some are hard. Some are fun and others are not.

Here is my list...in no particular order
1. Lose 50 pounds
2. Read the Book of Mormon
3. Go on a cruise
4. Eat Indian food
5. Have sex every day for one week
6. Make home made rolls
7. Read a book
8. Make a new friend
9. Participate in a 5K
10. Paint a giant tree on my wall
11. Take my kids to Disneyland
12. Make stuffed grape leaves
13. Write a letter to someone I love and actually mail it
14. Get involved with the girls at LDS family services for adoption
15. Make one thing on my sewing machine
16. Visit a nursing home
17. Take dinner to someone
18. Pay off Dixie College
19. Volunteer at the DI
20. Visit my Grandma's grave
21. Take Zoee to get her toes painted
22. Eat a funnel cake
23. Attend the temple at least 6 times
24. Do baptisms for the dead
25. Make a photo book for my kids
26. Dejunk the closets in my house.
27. Get my dental work done :(
28. Finish painting and decorating my bedroom
29. Take my kids swimming
30. See a show on the strip

I will use this blog to keep track of my progress. I will try to update it as I complete each item. I am excited for this coming year. This is my year.

5 comments:

  1. I think one of your goals should be - update blog regularly! CRAZY we are going to be 30, it just seems so weird. It really doesn't seem that long ago we were living it up at Dixie. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! It's not turning 30 that's nuts and or hard for me... It's not being in my 20's anymore! It's not being that super young 20 something... ya know? Other then that I'm embracing this new decade!

    XOOX
    Bekah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Josie! I'm so glad that you are doing this! We'll be your cheering squad!! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Stacey!

    Thanks for living in such an inspirational way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO STAUSS!! I hope you accomplish them all! I don't dare make a list like that for myself. I am so "list" crazy that if I didn't get them all done it would haunt me for the next 30! Love ya! Hope we see eachother again soon.

    ReplyDelete