Sunday, March 20, 2011

#18 DONE

So I have completed my first thing for my 30th year. I know it is a little before my 30th birthday but wanted to post since I have it done.


Pay off Dixie College


I went to Dixie right after I graduated from high school. I finished 2 years at Dixie and then moved back home to prepare for my mission. In order to pay for school, I had to get a student loan. I took a loan for 3000. This paid for one year of school. The other year was paid for with a scholarship and help from my parents. I did not have to start repaying my student loan for 5 years after I graduated which was good since I had 18 months of no income.

3000 does not seem like a lot of money to pay back but I only paid the minimum payment each month so here I am, 10 years after school and just barely paying it off. (It was never a priority compared to other debt since I only paid a few bucks a year in interest) I called Dixie the other day and had them just take the remaining balance to pay it off.

We are now totally out of debt minus our house and car and that feels good.


Dixie roommates
Amanda, Josie, Lisa and Brandee
Good times and awesome memories. Well worth the 3000 dollars!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Don't you feel great seeing that ZERO balance. I'm happy for you, darlin'. I am credit card free. Zip. None. It was so hard, but dollar by dollar I did it. It took me 3 years from "I'm going to to this" to the tears flowing " I'm DONE!". No one can understand this unless they do it them selves.

    Here's to those damn minimum payments- gone! Here's to friendships that last a life time!

    XO,
    R~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Paying off debt is the greatest. Well, the greatest would be never having debt in the first place, but once had, paying it off is GREAT. I really look forward to your other "accomplished" posts. I think this is very cool. I would do it, too, if it wouldn't make me such a copy cat.

    ReplyDelete