Monday, March 28, 2011

#17 DONE

Take dinner to somone

I talked to a friend the other day and offered to take her dinner. As I was making dinner, I remembered I had it on my list of things to do so I thought I would count it. I made garlic chicken pasta, brocolli, breadsticks (not homemade) and a new kind of dessert. This pasta is fabulous and I have never met anyone that did not like it.

We call this "man pasta" because of the bacon, cheese and cream. It is very filling and very very good. It is not a dainty little bowl of pasta and veggies. It is rich and creamy and oh so good!Making this pasta is NOT going to help me accomplish #1 on my list!

GARLIC CHICKEN FARFALLE

16 oz. Farfalle pasta 1 c. heavy whipping cream

3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)

2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 Tbsp. pepper*

1/2 c. butter 1 lb. bacon, crumpled

1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice

*Seems like a lot of pepper, but it has a wonderful flavor when everything mixes together. If you’re apprehensive, do less pepper. You can always add more.

Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred. Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.

2 comments:

  1. This was a very sweet gesture and I know it made someones evening! Nice job on marking off yet another goal! On ya go!

    XOOX,
    R~

    ReplyDelete